[OSGeo-UK] Unlock - EDINA's gazetteer and geoparser services

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 17 05:28:04 EST 2009

dear Chippy, Andrew, all,

 >> I kept on getting errors "Error executing command-line application "
>> when I saved and then uploaded a html document.
>> However, when I copied and pasted the text into a text file, and
>> uploaded that, i got "Incorrect number of parameters" for xml output
>> (The JSON and KML seemed to work though)

Right, we found the likely cause of your html-parsing issue and have
reinstated the HTML option in the form-based interface.

http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/text.html

Otherwise, that page has been expanded to explain the different options,
hopefully somewhat clearly. The main outstanding caveat is that if you
use the 'XML' document type option, but the document isn't well-formed
XML, you'll still see the unfriendly error.

Next step is to trap the different error states better, but that will
take longer to resolve working with our partners in this part of the
project, the wonderful people at the Language Technology Group in the
University of Edinburgh's School of Informatics.

cheers,

jo

--
Jo Walsh

Unlock places - http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/
phone: +44 (0)131 650 2973
skype: metazool

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.