[OSGeo-UK] Re: Question: Should we set up as an organisation?

Steve Keyworth steve.keyworth at envsys.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 15:09:05 EDT 2009

Jo, I think formalising OSGeo UK would be a good idea.  It might provide
it with a bit more traction and allow further activities to take place
off the back of it.  As we discussed at the AGI conference in September,
it could be as simple as helping to get better representation at events
through some simple (even shared) exhibits.  From a commercial
perspective, I think there is still a need to answer some basic
questions on the use of open source geo (e.g. provision of corporate
level support) when trying to use it to compete with establish
proprietary vendors.  I haven't managed to look over the incorporation
options you've presented, but will do so.

Of course, the big question is then how to put money into the
account.....and a basic plan for that should probably form part of the
overall strategy.  I think that what you propose here is a good first step.

Steve

--
**
*Steve Keyworth CGeog