[OSGeo-UK] IRC meeting today at 3pm

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 04:20:45 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I'm pleased to announce a meeting of OSGeo:UK on IRC today at 3pm.

All are welcome to "attend".

How to join:
1) Join the irc.freenode.net network
2) Join the #osgeo-uk channel

If you need more information on IRC then the OSGeo page is here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IRC and the (very comprehensive) wikipedia page is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat as an end user you probably want to go to the section on client software.

Since people will be using nicknames or other handles I would ask people to introduce themselves properly when they join!

Cheers and look forward to chatting later!

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development
Oxford Archaeology (North)