[OSGeo-UK] VectorMap District to PostGIS

Matt Walker walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk
Sun Sep 18 05:03:49 EDT 2011

Hi Jonathan,

Jo Cook and I ran a workshop at the OS GIS Conference in Nottingham this
year which covered loading OS OpenData including VMD into
PostgreSQL/PostGIS. It was on Linux but it does include steps for creating a
new spatial DB from a PostGIS template and scripts for loading the data
which could be fairly easily ported to use dos. Details including a download
with the scripts and a link to the presentation here:
http://astuntechnology.com/labs/. I think the VMD Shapefiles are named with
a prefix of their grid square which you may need to trim off in order to get
all features from all tables loaded into the relevant tables.

Good luck,

Matt.

--
Matt Walker