[OSGeo-UK] Next OSGeo:UK IRC meeting on June 25th (Mon) 1-2pm
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 07:00:07 PDT 2012
So we will move the meeting time to 25th June (Mon) 1-2 pm. Hopefully we will have the good news from the bid by then.
From: Jo Cook [mailto:jocook at astuntechnology.com]
Sent: 15 June 2012 14:51
To: Suchith Anand
Cc: uk at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-UK] Next OSGeo:UK IRC meeting on June 18th (Mon) 1-2pm
As the date of the decision on the FOSS4G bid has been pushed back a day, I suspect we won't have an answer by this meeting. Would you like to postpone it or go ahead anyhow?
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Suchith Anand <Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk>> wrote:
Reminder of next Monday's OSGeo: UK IRC meeting.
Draft agenda below
Date - 18th June 2012
Time - 13:00-14:00
2. Case studies update - Antony Scott
3. FOSS4G 2013 bid update - Jo Cook
4. Events update - all
5. Strategies and Marketing update - Mike Saunt
6. Research and academic activities update - Suchith Anand
7. OSGIS 2012 update - Suchith Anand
Please add/modify items to the agenda
1) Login at http://webchat.freenode.net/
2) Join the #osgeo-uk channel
From: uk-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:uk-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> [mailto:uk-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:uk-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>] On Behalf Of Suchith Anand
Sent: 15 May 2012 11:52
To: uk at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:uk at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [OSGeo-UK] Next OSGeo:UK IRC meeting on June 18th (Mon) 1-2pm
Thanks for all who were able to join yesterday's OSGeo:UK IRC meeting. Next meeting will be on June 18th (Mon) 1-2pm. We will know the outcome of FOSS4G 2013 UK bid on 14th June and we can plan future steps and action items then. So please add the meeting time to your calendar and attend.
The key actions from yesterday's meeting:
1. If your organisation can provide a LoS for UK bid for FOSS4G2013, it will be greatly appreciated. We already got LoS from various organisations and it will be good to have more. Please email Jo with your organisations LoS
2. Rollo Home is setting up a website for individuals to put their comments of support for hosting FOSS4G 2013 in UK. Jo will be sending the url around when ready. Please do add your statement of support for UK's bid for hosting FOSS4G next year. We want to make sure anyone who is interested to be involved in FOSS4G 2013, gets opportunity to provide their time and support for this.
Dr Suchith Anand
Nottingham Geospatial Institute
Nottingham Geospatial Building
University of Nottingham NG7 2 TU
Tel: (0)115 82 32750
Leading Open Geospatial Science through ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies
Mission - Building up Open Source, Open Standards, Open Data research for bridging the digital divide
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.
This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.
UK mailing list
UK at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:UK at lists.osgeo.org>
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 750 095 8167
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>
Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the UK