[OSGeo-UK] QGIS-UK paypal account

Yakus matt.travis1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 07:12:22 PST 2015

I like all those ideas Saber.

I have recently raised the idea of a subscription for the QGIS user group
but perhaps we should try and expand that to osgeo:uk.

For a lot of organisations(including mine) they need some kind of invoice to
say they've received something in return. A subscription to a user group
would be fine. We do the same for the Mapinfo user group already. I think
there is a real potential here to raise funds. The money being saved in
places is huge so hopefully some would willing to put back in and help
sustain os projects.

Also, is there some form of certification people would get from osgeo if
they did sign. I think Pete said he was looking into this.

Jo - glad you like the idea of a Met Office event and it would be great if
you could come too. I need to look at dates and speak to Ian first but I'll
update you real soon.

Cheers

Matt