[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G UK 2018?

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 04:50:40 PDT 2017

My hunch is that with 2 people you are looking at about 4-5 hours per week in the 2-3 months before the event (less in the early stages).

It isn’t consistent so a chunk of time goes into paper and workshop selection but you can delegate that to a team. Workshop organising takes a bit of time but again you can delegate that.

Things tend to go a bit crazy in the last 2 or 3 weeks and you should expect to commit more time then.

Jo may have a more accurate recollection of the time she put into the 2016 event (which was a lot more than the time I put in)

I make whoever steps up  a promise: all the time, hard work and worry of planning and running a FOSS4G will be repaid a hundred-fold by the glow of community appreciation and your sense of achievement once it is over.
______
Steven