[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G UK 2018?

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 07:41:01 PDT 2017

Keeping it on the list and integrating some off list feedback that I received

Sam

A 2 day is a bit more work but I don’t think it is double. Yes organising a party is a bit of work but it needn’t be overwhelming. 2 days provides more time for talks and workshops and also makes the travel more worthwhile for people comping from further afield.

If you run a one day event, I think you would need to focus on one (max 2) topics - can work well and is easier to organise.

It’s up to whoever steps up whether we have a 1 or 2 day FOSS4G in 2018.

If we want a code sprint (which is pretty much self organising) then that can run after the main days. Maybe there is a homegrown project that could do with some extra hands? Or the start to something new?

Cheers
______
Steven