[OSGeo-UK] Software documentation licensing

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Mon Jul 8 08:37:46 PDT 2019

Hi Jo,
Personally I'd lean towards CC-0 but that's just because I prefer Public
Domain and minimal bureaucracy.

I know there are organisations that don't even like full Public Domain
and require some sort of written license - for example SQLite is fully
Public Domain but you can "buy" a license for a (hefty!) chunk of change
if your organisation requires it. Here's the page where you can purchase
a license+"Warranty of Title" - it includes possible reasons folks may
wish to do this:
https://www.hwaci.com/cgi-bin/license-step1

Cheers,
Jonathan