[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G UK Online

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 01:54:09 PDT 2020

On twitter today:

"""
It’s #FOSS4G2020 <https://twitter.com/hashtag/FOSS4G2020?src=hashtag_click>
time We are planning a one day online event at the end of May/beginning of
June. To get things started we need some speakers and demos so please
submit your ideas at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAI
pQLSe_1Hs7RGp1sx7sPAB2KMBanDW36ELkxHJE8nl5_3iMnVivjg/viewform
<https://t.co/leza2zAlZG?amp=1> Lots more news to follow, please spread the
word
"""

not seen any discussion of this on the mailing list, and no names attached
to the tweet or on the google submission form.

 Who is running this? This isn't just my curiosity, but also I think an
event with names behind it looks a lot more human than something anonymous.
Plus we know who to thank and support.

 Why wasn't it mentioned here on the mailing list? Should things that use
the FOSS4G UK branding have some committee discussion first? Did that
happen?

 All that aside, it looks like a great idea!

Barry