[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G UK Online

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Apr 20 02:05:41 PDT 2020

Hi Barry,

This is an official OSGeo:UK event. We discussed it as a committee,
and basically wanted to move forward quickly with the CfP as the
timescales are quite short. You're right, we probably should have
advertised it on the list prior to posting on twitter- sorry for
getting things the wrong way round.

For information, the OSGeoUK twitter account is managed by the
committee, so tweets from that account should be considered
"official".

Jo

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 9:54 AM Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> On twitter today:
>
> """
> It’s #FOSS4G2020 time We are planning a one day online event at the end of May/beginning of June. To get things started we need some speakers and demos so please submit your ideas at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_1Hs7RGp1sx7sPAB2KMBanDW36ELkxHJE8nl5_3iMnVivjg/viewform Lots more news to follow, please spread the word
> """
>
> not seen any discussion of this on the mailing list, and no names attached to the tweet or on the google submission form.
>
>  Who is running this? This isn't just my curiosity, but also I think an event with names behind it looks a lot more human than something anonymous. Plus we know who to thank and support.
>
>  Why wasn't it mentioned here on the mailing list? Should things that use the FOSS4G UK branding have some committee discussion first? Did that happen?
>
>  All that aside, it looks like a great idea!
>
> Barry

Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
urgent responses at that time, please visit
support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/>
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>