[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G:UK Local 2022, Thu 17 Nov 2022

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 06:42:50 PDT 2022

The Call for Talks is now open for FOSS4G:UK Local 2022:
https://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2022local/

We have eight confirmed venues for FOSS4G:UK Local 2022: Bovey Tracy,
Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, Southampton and Worcester.

OSGeo:UK is bringing together all those interested in free and open
source software for geospatial (FOSS4G) for this fantastic event. If you
use, promote, develop or want to learn about open source tools and open
data for geospatial, then this conference is for you! We have 3 great
keynotes signed up (Regina Obe, Tim Sutton and Anita Graser) which we
will stream nationally, and we have eight venues across the UK which we
plan to fill with sessions.

This will be a hybrid conference, but with a twist: there will be no
central physical location. We have 8 venues geographically dispersed
across the UK, where you can physically meet up to attend the
conference. The three keynote presentations and some additional sessions
will be streamed to all venues. Additional sessions will be run at each
local venue.

If you would like to tell us what you have been up to with FOSS4G,
please submit your talk. The call for talks will be open until Sun 18th
Sept 2022.

Talks will be at one of eight venues, please specify which venue you
would like to present at. We will aim to stream presentations from these
venues to the other venues, those unable to get to a venue and to record
them for the OSGeo:UK YouTube channel.

There are a range of talk options available (lightning talks 5-10 min,
presentations 30 min, workshops 1hr or 2 hr, or show and tell, which are
short and variable). Or if you would like to do something else, please
submit your talk, and/or reach out to one of the local venue chairs to
discuss.

For more details, please check out the website,
https://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2022local/, follow us on Twitter (@OSGeoUK)
or Matrix (https://matrix.to/#/#OSGeoUK:matrix.org). Any questions,
please reach out via details on the website, or to osgeouk at gmail.com

Best wishes,
Nick Bearman (Chair OSGeo:UK) and the OSGeo:UK committee

--

Nick Bearman
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.