[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G 2023 - Call on Tue 7th Feb, 12pm - 1pm (UK)

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 07:50:22 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

While we still have the recent memory of FOSS4G:UK 2022, I think we
should at least briefly start thinking if we want to something for 2023.
I said we would arrange a meeting in mid Feb to discuss this, so I have
done this.

I am proposing we meet on Google Meet
(https://meet.google.com/swt-usku-oke) on Tue 7th Feb, 12pm - 1pm (UK).

I did a very quick straw poll, and I know there will be people who can't
make this time (this is always the way with such things) but the
majority of people can.

We will discuss ideas for FOSS4G:UK 2023, potentially including
something to commemorate 10 years since FOSS4G 2013 in Nottingham, as
Barry suggested.

If you have any ideas but can't make it to the meeting, please email
them (to the list or to me direct) and I will make sure they are mentioned.

I will circulate some notes after the meeting summarising our
discussions/decisions.

We will also be after volunteers, so if you are willing, please do step
forward.

Looking forward to continuing the great FOSS4G:UK conference series!

Best wishes,
Nick Bearman | OSGeo:UK Chair

PS I'm looking to focus a bit more and within OSGeo:UK focus on aspects
as Chair I would like to develop (e.g. software funding, more
interaction with academic community, diversity, etc.). So if anyone
would like to Chair the conference, or even Co-Chair, have a think and
let me know!

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0)7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.