[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G:UK 2023 Local

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 06:36:07 PST 2023

Dear all,

After meeting yesterday, we are looking to move forward with running
FOSS4G:UK 2023, running with a similar hybrid / local setup to 2022,
with a few changes. With September 2023 marking 10 years since FOSS4G
2013 in Nottingham, we are planning on running the event in September.
No date decided yet, but now is the time to make suggestions of dates to
favour or avoid!

We will have a smaller number of venues, with a focus on around 6-7.
Specifically we would like to host events in:
- Cardiff
- Bristol
- Glasgow or Edinburgh
- Leeds or Newcastle
- London
- Manchester or Liverpool
- Birmingham
- Belfast

We are trying to get a balance of venues, with locations accessible to
as many people as possible within a day trip.

If you can host one, please step up!

Thank you if you have already emailed me and volunteered.

We will meet again in a few weeks to confirm and develop our plans.

Best wishes,
Nick.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0)7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.