[OSGeo-UK] [External] FOSS4G:UK 2023 Local

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 09:16:56 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

 what I was thinking for the ten-year anniversary of FOSS4G 2013 was that
I'd like to curate a series of "+/-10" talks within FOSS4G-UK 2023,
preferably from some of the gang that were on the committee back then. The
talks would be looking back at what "geo" was like ten years ago, and where
the speaker thinks it might be in ten years time. I think each of us on the
committee would have a different perspective and it might be an idea to
have a panel discussion with a moderator to talk about cross-cutting trends
across our perspectives.

If you weren't there (and if you can't remember being there, you probably
were...), here's the rogues gallery:

http://2013.foss4g.org/about-foss4g/committee/index.html

I'm considering offering Lancaster as a host site as well, but I feel
Manchester or Liverpool will probably have a greater catchment area. Let me
fire up QGIS and...

Barry