[US] Banking for FOSS4G-NA 2019

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:50:43 PST 2018

Hi Folks,

Rob and I are co-organizing FOSS4G-NA 2019 here in San Diego. We have
most of the key items (Venue, Catering, A/V, Call for Proposals,
Ticketing system etc) in progress, but we are a bit stuck on the
banking aspect. We have chosen _not_ to engage with a Professional
Conference organizer for various reasons and usually a firm like this
handles the banking. We had originally thought we would just setup an
LLC and run the sponsor and attendee income through that, but my CPA
advises that this could have tax implications for me personally and so
I'd like to avoid.

With that in mind, we would like to ask that OSGeo-US (under the
umbrella of Technocation) provide us a bank account to work with.
Ideally this is as simple as adding an additional account to the
existing banking relationship and sending us Debit cards to work with
and perhaps asking for checks to be issued by the bank directly.

For reference, our budget worksheet is here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sOVlpoZ_yrhsuki_qLTwP73em60_kZSU6sJvsmI67Bo/edit#gid=0

As we have stated to receive sponsor commitments, it is somewhat
urgent that resolve this issue and get the $ moving.

Do let us know if there are any questions or issues that need to be
addressed or if this can be setup quickly.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff & Rob (FOSS4G-NA 2019 Co-chairs)