[vector-tiles] RPC and MVT Layers

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Sep 13 05:38:53 PDT 2016

Hi,

This is a very interesting idea, and something I had thought would be
good to have.

Rather than inventing a new file format, you could write something which
"merges" vector tiles together. Take all the layers from tile A, then
append (or overwrite) the layer(s) from tile B (etc).

This way you could (say) easily add contour (vector tile) data to a data
source which didn't have that.