[vector-tiles] Curious if anyone is submitting a workshop for FOSS4G Boston?

Pirmin Kalberer pka at sourcepole.ch
Fri Mar 10 09:52:35 PST 2017

Hi Jeff,

On Freitag, 10. März 2017 09:31:31 CET Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
> We will be submitting one about tegola and planning to cover the use
> of Maputnik and mapboxgl styles in the client side libraries (ol3 and
> mapboxgl-js).
>
> Proposal is here. Would appreciate any feedback and very open to
> collaborating.
>
> There was also some discussion about setting up a performance shootout
> in Boston. Any chance we can pick up that discussion here?

No plans for a workshop on my side, but I'll definitely submit a presentation.
Either  an overview/comparison of MVT tile server implementations or a talk
dedicated to t-rex.
Next week, I'll prepare presentation for the German speaking FOSS4G starting
at March 22. I'll compare node-mapnik&Co, Tilezen tileserver, Tegola, t-rex,
GeoServer and PostGIS ST_AsMVT. Hopefully my comparison tests can serve as an
input for the performance shootout in Boston. I'll probably work with the
Natural Earth dataset, which has a reasonable size.

Cheers
Pirmin