project tracker weirdness on support site

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 3 08:59:40 EDT 2006

Auke Jilderda wrote:
  > Andrew, I suggested to add a top level tab "support" (next to "home") to
> help people find site support but the web committee does not agree. :-(
> Instead, they agreed to updating the footer information and, among
> others, including a support link in there.  Somewhat hard to find but at
> least present on each page so that's a start.  In addition, I will ask
> for an announcement on the front page.

Auke,

I skimmed the footer of the main page and didn't see anything about the
support project.  It seems to me that the most logical place for this
would be the page produced by the "Feedback" link in the footer which
currently goes to the rather generic DomainFeedback link.

I see this is DomainFeedback.html.html in the www directory of the www
project.

I would like to see this page revamped to be more OSGeo specific, including
pointers to submitting tickets to the support project.

Looking around a bit, I think the DomainFAQ also needs some updating.
Perhaps it ought to just point to the general OSGeo FAQ, and that FAQ
could have some "CN instrastructure" faqs added.