Submitting News Items

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 3 23:32:07 EDT 2006

Jo,

I have written up a short page on how to submit news items to OSGeo at:

   https://www.osgeo.org/content/news/submit_news.html

And linked it from:

   https://www.osgeo.org/content/news/news_archive/news_archive.html

Could you review it and see if you have any suggestions?  Are there
other places we should link it from?  Folks to whom we ought to point
it out?

I have also updated the News Queue wiki page to reflect forwarding
email to the announce mailing list, and removing mention of the
news.osgeo.org project.

I see you have the "Site News Administrator" role for the www.osgeo.org.
Have you been able to verify that this lets you post approved news items
without an owner/co-owner having to approve it?  I'm going on vacation
next week (Aug 8-14), and I want to ensure you are fully empowered to act
as news editor during that time.