Approving sitewide announcements

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Aug 11 13:21:36 EDT 2006

I made a news item for the GRASS release -
https://www.osgeo.org/content/news/news_archive/grass_6.1.0_released.html

and made an announcement for it. I was kind of expecting to get an
email asking me to approve the announcement but i didn't (yet?)
Is my CN account now set so annoucements i make are automatically
approved? Or am I not on the news announcing approval list?

I can't tell whether it went through because the CN behaviour is to
show me the announcement that I made whether or not anyone else can
see it. Can others see it? ... On the front page? Maybe it should be
longer... i could have put the whole news item just in as an
announcement and saved myself a bit of messing about with cvs :/

https://www.osgeo.org/servlets/NewsItemView?newsItemID=34

Ouch...

jo