[Web Comm] Project Owner for www.osgeo.org project

Auke Jilderda auke at collab.net
Thu Jul 6 06:27:23 EDT 2006

On Wednesday, July 05, 2006 23:18, Jason Birch wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I'll need permissions to delegate authority to the CVS access at
> least.  I'd also like to at least have view access on the project that
> controls the domain's styling, etc, so I can get a better
> understanding of how that works.

Jason, Frank, the "www" project is a regular project on the site but is
treated slightly different in the sense that it is used for all generic
site content.  Anybody who logs into the site has the "Registered User"
domain role which, among others, grants users permission to view the web
pages (aka, anything under www/ in the project's source code repo).
Similarly, the "look" project contains branding and styling.

Jason, I granted you the project owner role (and revoked the other roles
since they are now redundant) with which you have full read/write access
to the project resources, can grant roles to others, and can configure
the project tools.  In addition, Arnulf Christl, Fred Warnock, Howard
Butler, Pericles Nacionales, and Rich Steele have the Developer role
and, with that, read/write access.  I would advise all of you to be a
bit extra careful with the www project because it contains the generic
content but other than that it is a regular project.

> For the news.osgeo.org project, would it be possible to have the
> current announcement titles, dates and summaries automatically
> displayed in the main content section of the page?

Good question, I will have to look into that.

Auke