about.html updates

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 6 11:42:02 EDT 2006

Folks,

Flush with my newfound power as a member of WebCom, and CVS committer on the
www project, I have done some cleanup on the goals portion of the about.html.
Notably removing the names of committees responsible for items, using eg.
consistently and adding periods to all items as needed.

   https://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/about.html

I think the FAQ will also need some revision in light of recent changes
to membership rules (ie. we now have "Charter Members" and "Members")
and a few other odds and ends.

I would also like to add a Committees page in the content tree that provides
a rough idea of committee roles, and pointers to their web pages.  Any
objection to my doing so?

I also think the "Legal" section of about.html needs revision.  I would
like to write up an "Intellectual Property Policy" based on what has
been approved from the incubator, and likely drop reference to the
contributor agreements.  I will likely run the "Intellectual Property
Policy" document by the board and Rich Steele to make sure I'm not
saying anything inappropriate before I post it.