[Web Comm] Main web site, and news.

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Jul 11 22:33:01 EDT 2006

Sure Frank,

Try it on WebCom's announce page first if you want to test it first.  I don't think it shows the announcements the same way on the main page though.

- make sure you're logged in.

- go to https://www.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectHome or click on My Pages and go to the WWW project.

- click on the Annoucements link

- click on "Add new annoucement"  (Hey, I hadn't realized that it took HTML.  Maybe fragments are unnecessary.)

I'm not sure what Advanced Options does.

While you're in there, let me know if you see the lists on this page:

I've added you as a Co-Project Owner at WebCom.  I would suggest, though, that the news_item address might be a better fit with the news.osgeo.org project or maybe at the root osgeo.org domain?  I have access to create that, and/or would be happy to give you the owner role on the WWW project if you want.

I'm leaving on holidays early tomorrow morning, but will check email again before I take off.

Jason