GNU FDL -> CC & Mail to Wiki contributors

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Jun 22 12:23:43 EDT 2006

Hi,
we still need to put together an email to all contributors of the Wiki
that we have changed the license of the Wiki. I have the list of emails
here but do not want to send it to this public list for privacy reasons.

Who is in charge of sending this kind of email and which account should
be used to send it (webmaster at osgeo.org or similar) and what text is to
be posted?

These pages have been updated:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MediaWiki:Copyright
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning2
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGEO:Copyrights

On the last it says:
"The OSGeo motions to change the license of this Wiki to Creative
Commons. All contributors are humbly requested to send an email to
mailto:board at board.osgeo.org discussing their concerns."

* We never did this publicly
* the mailto:board at board.osgeo.org address was a stupid idea. Anyone a
better one?

Please go through the Wiki and check whether I got all references, I
never had to do this before, so I may have missed it somewhere.

Btw: as yet we do not have a
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGEO:Privacy_policy
-> todo for WebCom?

Regards, Arnulf.