[Web Comm] Focus

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Jun 30 09:58:21 EDT 2006

Jason Birch wrote:
> This is what I had in mind for the project info pages:
>
> https://www.osgeo.org/content/projects/mapbender.html <https://www.osgeo.org/content/projects/mapbender.html>
>
> Feedback?  (other than bawling me out for using <font> tags... )

This is great.

@Gary: You see - this is what a project can get out of OSGeo. It (the
project) does not have to hack their own HTML with static <font> tags
but a professional team takes care of it. (Jason, i say this only
because I am such a very funny person...)

> I'll get the other flyers/fliers/flowers up sometime over the weekend, taking into account any feedback.  As we develop the other pages, we'll interlink them (in a "Works with..." section, a "Case Studies section", etc...)
>
> I'd really like to see something done about the domains and look/feel.  Can we either:
>
>  - Not require that projects have a presence under the osgeo.org domain structure or
>
>  - Figure out how to delegate these subdomains to the individual projects so they can continue with their current infrastructure?
>
> A lot of these projects have strong and distinctive web presences in place; I feel that requiring them to toe the line is unreasonable.  OSGeo is here to promote these projects, not subjugate them. ;)
>
> Jason

Are you suggesting to drop the mapbender.osgeo.org and only keep
www.mapbender.org ("mapbender" always just as an example) and this new
info page?

Regards, Arnulf.