[Web Comm] Logo Contest revisited

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 9 10:03:34 EST 2006

Fred Warnock wrote:
> <thinking out loud>All this being said, I doubt armatures with a spark
> of an idea would be able to finish a logo like this.  I wonder if we
> would also accept "partial" submissions, which are simply logo
> concepts.  This could perhaps be another category?  Just an idea to get
> more participation. I'm a "designer" myself, but I find logo's to be
> extremely time consuming and challenging, and I probably won't
> contribute, but If I do get an idea I might want to submit
> that....</thinking out loud>

Guys,

I agree with Fred that a promising design that might not meet all
requirements, but could be completed after the fact should still be
considered.  If a design is good, it isn't that hard to complete the
various versions after the fact.

BTW, I had high hopes for what Fred might have submitted.  In fact I
think it may be challenging to get a significant number of high quality
submissions.  I guess widely advertising the contest, and giving some time
for people to work on it are key.