Single Sign On SSO

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Fri Mar 31 13:17:55 EST 2006

Hi all,

In pursuit of our discussions about linking the OSGeo ID with any
other hosted tools, I have the following information from our
operations. Note that SSO integration will likely incur a cost, but I
am unaware of the specific amount.

3/30/2006 6:39 AM | Karishma Jugal
Daniel,

The request for an SSO would require a Statement of Work (SOW) which
needs to come through Services. Once the SOW has been created, the
Engineering Operations would provide the list of requirements
expected from the customer. Once the information has been collected,
they would prepare an instance set that would be applied on the site
for enabling dual authentication.

The customer may require to do the following (the complete list would
be specified in the SOW):
1) Provide CollabNet with detailed information about the OSGeo
subdomain server's cookie format.
2) Appoint a project manager, who would act as an interface between
Autodesk and CollabNet during this project.

The Engineering Operations would negotiate with the Project Manager
appointed by the customer to collect more detailed information like:
1) The contents of the session cookie required from the customer's
site when a user logs in. The contents may include User session ID,
User name, Email address, Real Name, Organization.
2) The design of the SSO environment.
3) Other information that might be necessary for the dual
authentication. (a complete list would be provided by the Engineering
Operations)

The only difference between today and the future (if there is a more
standard API) is that currently this information is collected
manually, and an instance set is applied on the site based on that
information. But in the future, if the platform has a more standard
API for this, the information would be collected through GUI and the
configuration changes would be applied instantly.

Please let us know if this information answered your query. Please
feel free to get back to us for more information.

Daniel Brookshier | Community Manager | CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Blvd. Suite 600 | Brisbane, CA 94005 | USA
O 972.422.5261 | C 214.207.6614 | dbrookshier at collab.net