[Web Comm] Web Site Committee Meeting 2006-May-17 - question re Minutes

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon May 22 23:38:03 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,

We have extremely limited control over what we can do with the CollabNet offering.  In many cases, we're pounding the proverbial square peg.  Some of the problems that you've submitted to the PT are not really within our ability to fix, though we can submit them to CollabNet (uh, Daniel has to put on his other hat) for resolution.

This is what I've got so far for the "master" mailing lists page:
https://mail.osgeo.org/index_test.html

I was planning to do something similar for projects under the main www.osgeo.org area.  One main page with descriptions of each of the projects and a link out to a "more" page for each.  The "more" page would have a longer description, a place for "developer spotlights", screenshots, success stories, etc, and a link the project home page.

The Wiki is really not supposed to contain anything authoritative, and is intended for non-official, collaborative, working, transient, ..., type pages.

Jason