[Web Comm] content/governance directory

Auke Jilderda auke at collab.net
Fri Sep 22 08:32:16 EDT 2006

Jason, Frank,

CVS does not support removing directories the way one would like.  Take
a look at section 7.3 in the Cederqvist manual [1] for a short piece on
removing directories:
    "The way that you remove a directory is to remove all the files in
    it. You don't remove the directory itself; there is no way to do
    that. Instead you specify the `-P' option to cvs update or cvs
    checkout, which will cause CVS to remove empty directories from
    working directories."

I just removed the one file that says this directory is unused in the
directory so just run "cvs update -P" and you should be good to go.

Auke

 1. http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.22/cvs_7.html#SEC69