[Webcom] Service Provider Directory - Request for Feedback

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sat Apr 14 17:02:36 EDT 2007

On Sat, April 14, 2007 20:53, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Gupteshwar has a preliminary version of the Service Provider Directory
> available on the OSGeo test server now.  I would like to solicit some
> feedback from this committee before we migrate it to the main server, and
> start deployment.
>
> I have partially updated the wiki page to reflect the current status, and
> added a section at the bottom for feedback.  Please feel free to add
> feedback
> there and/or here to the list.
>
> My intention is that after a bit more fixing up, the application will get
> moved to our primary drupal instance, and we will start soliciting service
> providers to populate it before we announce it more widely.
>
> The wiki topic:
>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Service_Provider_Directory
>
> The quick link to try a search:
>    http://test.osgeo.net/search_profile.php
>
> To submit a profile:
>    http://test.osgeo.net/submit_profile.php
>
> I think you will to login into the drupal instance with your OSGeo userid
> in order to submit a profile.  Gupteshwar - correct me on that if I'm
> wrong.
>
> Best regards,

I cannot log in with any of my OSGeo accounts, not allowed to open
http://test.osgeo.net/submit_profile.php for testing purposes. What
account is required to be able to look into this?

I edited the Wiki to reflect what my ideas about vetting are, please
check, as it is considerable changes.

In the Wiki the test link was changed form edit_profile to submit_profile,
hopefully it will still be possible to edit profiles after submitting
them.

http://test.osgeo.net/search_profile.php only lists 8 OSGeo projects and
misses most languages and countries (I gather this is due to the testing
state).

Regards,

--
Arnulf Christl