[Webcom] Service Provider Directory - Request for Feedback

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Apr 14 17:22:25 EDT 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> I cannot log in with any of my OSGeo accounts, not allowed to open
> http://test.osgeo.net/submit_profile.php for testing purposes. What
> account is required to be able to look into this?

Tyler,

Perhaps you can comment on what it takes to be able to login to the
test.osgeo.net server?

> I edited the Wiki to reflect what my ideas about vetting are, please
> check, as it is considerable changes.

I must say it comes off as a bit threatening to me.

> In the Wiki the test link was changed form edit_profile to submit_profile,
> hopefully it will still be possible to edit profiles after submitting
> them.

If you are logged into drupal, and you are the owner of the entry then
an edit button appears next to it allow you to edit it.  I removed the
link to the edit page because it seems to only work if you get there by
clicking the edit button.

> http://test.osgeo.net/search_profile.php only lists 8 OSGeo projects and
> misses most languages and countries (I gather this is due to the testing
> state).

It is the intention that this list would be extended.  I'm still somewhat
unclear on how it gets extended.  Gupteshwar, can you explain this?  Is there
something that a Drupal content creator does to extend the lists?