[Webcom] Proposal: Feedback mechanism for www.osgeo.org

Kanhaiya kale ( कન્હૈযা ਕਾளெ ) kanhaiya.kale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 00:36:55 EST 2007

Hi all,
Good Morning.
First i thought we should use any home made "PHP form" for feedback
mechanism. but while searching(googling) i got module
"feedback.module<http://drupal.org/project/feedback>"
which is used specifically for feedback meachanism. This module has features
which is fulfilling our basic requirement. This module specifically allow
users/visitors to contact one or more e-mail address.
The given module contains following features:

   - Configurable required fields on the web form (Category, Sender Email
   Address, Sender Name, Postal Address, Phone Number, Message Subject,Message
   Body)
   - If the visitor is a registered user of the site, then the sender's
   email address field and sender's name default to the values entered upon
   registration
   - Configurable subject prefix for messages sent by visitors
   - Configurable instructions/guidelines text above the form (for
   example, you can use this to link to your FAQ page, site map, or ask users
   to do a search before contacting you)
   - One or more categories
   - One or more contact email address
   - Optional setting for logging of all attempts to contact you to the
   Drupal log
   - Logs the IP address of the sender and the browser they are using
   (helps detect bots, and abuse)
   - Works with clean URLs as well as regular URLs

Download link for this module is
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/drupal/files/projects/feedback-4.7.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz

Best Regards,
--