[WebCom] event module, etc..

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 11 15:09:25 EST 2007

> Hi,
> this calendar was what I was missing:
> http://community.osgeo.org/en/event
>
> Is it going to come back, can it be copied from osgeo.community.org?
> It had this cool feature of counting down the days until the next
> event promoted to the front page (Upcoming events).

Yes, it can be easily added right away - especially if I just make it
a separate page.  We can also put it up as a summary 'block' in one
of the sidebars - but wonder if it fits well with our site focus.  To
what extent does webcom feel we should put stuff on front page -
versus have a separate set of pages for 'community' focused stuff?

For my personal opinion, I would like to see a community section
built into the web site that includes some of the items we were
prototyping on the community.osgeo.org site.  What do others think?

This seems like it might be a good time to review/debate/agree on a
site plan as was brought up a few times in the past.