[Webcom] Event listing...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Jan 16 12:05:16 EST 2007

Seems reasonable to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: webcom-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:webcom-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 09:04
To: webcom at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Webcom] Event listing...

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> I've set up the basic event module on the osgeo.org Drupal instance
> and enabled it in the bottom right of the site main page.  It's really

> made for upcoming events and current configured to show the next 4
events.
> It provides RSS feed and a webcal feed too.  You can get a
> month/week/day view or a list of upcoming events within 1 year.  I
> haven't seen how it handles archived events.  If that's possible, then

> we could potentially load all the event archive
> (http://osgeo.org/content/news/event_archive/event_archive.html) into
> the tool and relink to it.
>
> So, it's open for comments - try adding an event and changing things
> to see what you think.  Let me know if I can change/fix anything.

Tyler,

I don't see much need to push old events into the new mechanism.  I
propose we remove the Events link from under News, and blow away the old
events_archive page.  I shall do so if I don't hear otherwise fairly
soon.

BTW, I think we at least need to get Michael or someone from Viscom
helping to submit events that OSGeo will be appearing at.

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org