[Webcom] Organize and structure the wiki

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sun Jun 10 04:57:21 EDT 2007

Le Samedi 9 Juin 2007 23:19, Dave Patton a écrit :
> Yves Jacolin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to organize the francophone section of the wiki so I am
> > proposing to create namespace for each local chapter.
>
> So what would you do if there were french-speaking
> local chapters in Montreal, Quebec and Paris, France?
Hi Dave,

Well, today the francophone local chapter aims to group all french speaking
people : from Quebec to Vietnam via France, Belgium, Swiss ... ;-)

BTW, if the local chapter is not group by the langage but by geographic
location, indeed we could get two local chapters with the same langage. Thus
it could be interesting to define a local chapter : is it a group of people
speaking the same langage? Is it a group of people living close each other
(l. c. =geographic location) ? Both of them?

I just proposed to get the same structure inside the wiki so if there are two
local chapters, for instance: Quebec and France, we wil get two namespaces. I
understand it could be seems to create a gap between them. But to me,
namespace is just wiki organization. Am I right?

I would like to follow your exemple again: if there are these two local
chapters, it will be important that both of them work together about
translation, ... except for tradeshows, booths, local contact. It may not be
useful to get this two local chapters? Together they will be stronger and it
could be possible to organize the local chapter in order to allow some people
to be present in local tradeshow. This is why we are creating (on-going) one
francophone local chapter: we are stronger together.

Thanks Dave to run this topic because it's an important question which I will
report to the francophone mailinglist. I hope that you undestand my poor
english. :-)

Regards,

Y.
--