[Webcom] Organize and structure the wiki

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jun 10 09:23:33 EDT 2007

Yves Jacolin wrote:
> Well, today the francophone local chapter aims to group all french speaking
> people : from Quebec to Vietnam via France, Belgium, Swiss ... ;-)
>
> BTW, if the local chapter is not group by the langage but by geographic
> location, indeed we could get two local chapters with the same langage. Thus
> it could be interesting to define a local chapter : is it a group of people
> speaking the same langage? Is it a group of people living close each other
> (l. c. =geographic location) ? Both of them?

Folks,

This is off topic for the wiki reorganization, but I thought I might respond.

Local chapters are expected to declare a "scope" in their charter.  It is
expected that some chapters will be primarily linguistic focused (ie.
all francophone, while some will be national (ie. India) and others will
be very geographically local (ie. Ottawa/National Capital Region).  And
that's fine.