[Webcom] Organize and structure the wiki

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sun Jun 10 12:33:25 EDT 2007

Le Dimanche 10 Juin 2007 15:23, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> Yves Jacolin wrote:
> > Well, today the francophone local chapter aims to group all french
> > speaking people : from Quebec to Vietnam via France, Belgium, Swiss ...
> > ;-)
> >
> > BTW, if the local chapter is not group by the langage but by geographic
> > location, indeed we could get two local chapters with the same langage.
> > Thus it could be interesting to define a local chapter : is it a group of
> > people speaking the same langage? Is it a group of people living close
> > each other (l. c. =geographic location) ? Both of them?
>
> Folks,
>
> This is off topic for the wiki reorganization, but I thought I might
> respond.
>
> Local chapters are expected to declare a "scope" in their charter.  It is
> expected that some chapters will be primarily linguistic focused (ie.
> all francophone, while some will be national (ie. India) and others will
> be very geographically local (ie. Ottawa/National Capital Region).  And
> that's fine.
>
> Best regards,
Franks,

My aim is not to change anything about this, I completly agreed with this.
When I talked about "organizing the francophone local chapter section" I
meant the wiki pages ;-) and I thank that it could be a good idea to use wiki
namespace concept to structure the wiki. Anyway it was just an idea :-)

Regards,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin