[Webcom] Organize and structure the wiki

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Jun 16 08:33:35 EDT 2007

Le Mardi 12 Juin 2007 19:20, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) a écrit :
> On 10-Jun-07, at 10:05 AM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> >> From my experience the structure of a Wiki automatically derives
> >> from the
> >
> > content added and how people connect and link pages. OSGeo already has
> > categories and might in future also have for name spaces. I have no
> > experience with name spaces but am eager to find out. As it is a Wiki
> > whoever feels like it can start to add them like Markus did with
> > categories half a year back. It will also make it easier to track
> > translations. I will help to find out how to.
>
> I have the same opinion and really don't know any "correct" way to
> handle the namespaces.  I do think we are pushing the limit of
> Really_Long_Page_Names_That_Start_To_Get_Hard_To_Remember though...
> I assume namespaces will help us a bit there.
>
> I'd say try it out and experiment and see if it makes sense to you.
> I think it at least makes sense from a language perspective, but in a
> couple other cases as well.  If I recall correctly, our systems
> committee uses "SAC:" namespace already.  Let's just try Yves!
>
> Tyler
Hi,

After checking the way to create namespace in mediawiki, it appears that it
could be done only by administror
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Custom_namespaces) because it need to
edit some config php file.

Another namespace is used : OSGEO :
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGEO:Community_Portal
Bu it seems not really used as it should be ! ;-)

Regards,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin