[Webcom] Organize and structure the wiki

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 12 13:20:52 EDT 2007

On 10-Jun-07, at 10:05 AM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:

>> From my experience the structure of a Wiki automatically derives
>> from the
> content added and how people connect and link pages. OSGeo already has
> categories and might in future also have for name spaces. I have no
> experience with name spaces but am eager to find out. As it is a Wiki
> whoever feels like it can start to add them like Markus did with
> categories half a year back. It will also make it easier to track
> translations. I will help to find out how to.

I have the same opinion and really don't know any "correct" way to
handle the namespaces.  I do think we are pushing the limit of
Really_Long_Page_Names_That_Start_To_Get_Hard_To_Remember though...
I assume namespaces will help us a bit there.

I'd say try it out and experiment and see if it makes sense to you.
I think it at least makes sense from a language perspective, but in a
couple other cases as well.  If I recall correctly, our systems
committee uses "SAC:" namespace already.  Let's just try Yves!