[Webcom] wiki and latex

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Mar 16 11:04:04 EDT 2007

Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Hola amigos,
>
> the Spanish community is really surprising me for its enthusiasm.
>
> they've started creating a spanish GIS Book:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Libro_SIG
>
> and authors that joined the list are really respectable:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Autores
>
> they are dreaming to activate the Latex support in mediawiki:
> http://www.wikiwaves.org/index.php/Help:Formula_MediaWiki_and_LaTeX
>
> would it be possible?
>
> I'm sure it will be useful to the English GIS Book too and not only.
>
> ciao
> Lorenzo

Hey,
I am back from FOSSGIS, was a cool event. I will put together a short
report once people have sent me some pictures.

We can do all kinds of things with the Wiki once we have migrated it to
an OSGeo server and some of us have administrator access (I explained
this in another message). So once SAC has figured out which server to
use we can just do that. Last time I mailed hobu about this I said it is
low priority and that they should spend their limited time on more
pressing issues. If this is to be prioritized higher we should post a
ticket to Trac.

If anybody has other issues with activating Latex support we can also
discuss and vote on it. I have not used it before so can't say much but
would support trying it out.

Best regards,
Arnulf.