[Webcom] Changing spotlights into a block

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 21 14:00:30 EDT 2007

As we talked about a looong time ago, I've made some simple changes
to the front page of http://www.osgeo.org/

I'd been testing these for way too long but flipped the switch a few
minutes ago.

What you will see are 3 blocks in the primary content - centre column
now:
1) Main page: "Welcome to the..."
2) Community Spotlights (only 1 spotlight listed, but with more...
option)
3) "Stay informed, Get Involved"... due to our css I couldn't put
bullets in there, but this can be improved shortly

I've create a custom content type called "Community Spotlights" and
Lorenzo helped me to theme up the content pages to look as close to
originals as possible.

This was needed so that we could limit the number of spotlights
automatically shown on first page, while still maintaining each item
on its own (similar to news items).

There are things to improve, but I hope this is a good first crack at
it.

Let me know of any problems this may have created or suggestions to
improve.