[Webcom] Website upgraded

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 28 18:35:31 EST 2007

On 28-Nov-07, at 2:44 PM, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:

> sorry guys, I've not been clear,
> I'm pretty tired tonight.
>
> that's merely a technical thing.
> Home page has three different content types:
> 1) the instroduction "The Open Source Geospatial ....", edited
> directly by each editor/translator.
> 2) the news section. with automatic content feed.
> 3) the Spotlight part. that's, IMO, should be like the news section
> but it's still directly edited by each editor/translator.

We'll have to chat in IRC about it after you've slept ;-)  because I
can't see the difference.  Both are feeds from custom content types
that I created and that a user creates by filling in a form to create
an entry.  Perhaps it's the way it is aggregating them that you see
as different.

Spotlights are listed here:
http://www.osgeo.org/spotlights2 - this page includes all the
articles (but only shows abstract), for example:
http://www.osgeo.org/spotlight/stevelime - is the full detail

Just like:
http://www.osgeo.org/news_items shows a more verbose list of news
entries, like:
http://www.osgeo.org/news/it_chapter - in its entirety.

So if you saw a better way of representing it, I'm still not sure.
But sleep first ;-)

Thank you for explaining further.