[Webcom] Website upgraded

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Nov 28 18:28:56 EST 2007

On 29.11.2007 00:44, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> sorry guys, I've not been clear,
> I'm pretty tired tonight.
>
> that's merely a technical thing.
> Home page has three different content types:
> 1) the instroduction "The Open Source Geospatial ....", edited directly
> by each editor/translator.
> 2) the news section. with automatic content feed.
> 3) the Spotlight part. that's, IMO, should be like the news section but
> it's still directly edited by each editor/translator.

Actually it consists of a Panel which looks like this:
 _______
|_______|
|   |   |
|   |   |
|___|___|
|_______|

The top pane is (currently) node 117, but it could equally well be a
view which would simply show node 117 or its translation.
This is a page just like any other which needs to be translated.

The left-hand side is defined as the community_spotlights view. Which
collects spotlights in the current language and displays a list of them,
just like the news. I guess it could be fiddled maybe to show English
pages, only.

The right-hand side consists of two things: 1) a view called news and 2)
a block which lists upcoming events.

The bottom part is the get_involved block.

> I think we need a technical solution to avoid Spotlight area empty, and
> avoid to have it in plain HTML so that translators must copy and paste
> the code from the home page to maintain it updated.

So I propose the following solution:

1) create a view which shows node 117 and its translation
2) create a node containing the contents of the bottom area. And a view
to show it or its translation
3) edit the home panel to show these views
4) encourage translators to translate said articles.

> if the technical solution allows all home pages to be synced in their
> contents at least in the default language (english) it would be very
> good to me.

Translation of the spotlights is done through the spotlights, and
translation of news items on that page etc.

I can do steps 1 and 2 and 3, but fo 4 I need help ;)

Hope this explains things a bit more.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>