[Webcom] Upgrading Drupal to 5.3

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Thu Oct 25 18:33:46 EDT 2007

Hi

This is how I recommend we upgrade osgeo.ORG website to drupal 5.3.

1) Back everything up on osgeo.org and .net, and create new
upgrade.osgeo.net site
2) Update upgrade.osgeo.net content to match osgeo.org
3) Disable all non-core modules
4) Upgrade upgrade.osgeo.net to Drupal version 4.7.8 (it is now 4.7.4, I
think)
5) Disable theme
6) Upgrade upgrade.osgeo.net to Drupal version 5.3
7) Install all modules we need, and re-enable them
8) Rebuild theme with new 5.3 theme engine (which ?)
9) Mirror upgrade.osgeo.net to osgeo.org (replace both database and files)

I know it is a lot of steps, but I think it is the safest and least
interfering way.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>