[SAC] Re: [Webcom] Upgrading Drupal to 5.3

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Oct 29 05:43:34 EDT 2007

On 28.10.2007 21:24, Jason Birch wrote:
> Hi Wolf,
>
> Looks like a good plan.  Few questions:
>
> - Are you going to be scripting out the admin/writer/translator roles
> in a way that allows you to script them back in again?

I don't need to be able to script them back, since I make a DB dump
BEFORE I remove the write permissions. I can restore them by restoring
the DB ;) Which I will eventually do.

> - I couldn't tell for sure...  Are you maybe missing the steps to
> point the individual virtual hosts to /var/www/osgeo, etc?  Are you
> making copies of the "files" directory for each as a starting point
> (since separating the content would be a nightmare...)?

No it's actually quite simple. Drupal contains an entry for each
uploaded file. IOW I can use this command to see which files belong to fdo:

echo "select filepath from files;" | sudo mysql -N fdo_db

And files which don't have entries, well those I can copy to all locations.

> - Are you sure that all of the sites are running the OSGeo theme?  I
> though that MapGuide (at least) was running a slightly different one.

It certainly looks like OSGeo. And the idea is that the new theme will
be called osgeo, but will have modifiable elements like the logo, and
slogan, etc. And thus will be customizable for each site, and each site
will have the same osgeo "look"

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>