[Webcom] #206 - Planet OSGeo RFC

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 15 22:03:02 EST 2008

On 15-Feb-08, at 6:18 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Exactly, as also said in the "Planet Content" section.
> But, I think, such decisions will be made by the Community,
> or a few of us, or probably WecCom is the most appropriate body.

+1 from me - good RFC.  I suggest using osgeo2 server (same as wiki),
unless we want broader shell access then I guess we'd need to use
telascience services.   Jason did you say you want to do the set up?
I can help if needed.  Now I'll have to go make a head pic.

I suggest that Mateusz manages adding new blogs, etc. but that we
give him an email alias to use like: planet at osgeo.org.  Then  we can
add one or two others to the alias to also receive the messages when
he's away.  Or else we can force people to send a message to the
mailing list, but that adds the barrier of having to subscribe, etc.
I'd also like to know when new ones are added, maybe a brief note to
this list?

Great ideas,