[Webcom] Front page changes

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas xurxosanz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 18:10:29 EDT 2008

2008/7/4 Wolf Bergenheim <wolf+grass at bergenheim.net>:
> On 05.07.2008 00:07, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
>>
>> Just to add a comment, doesn't the incubation asterisk seem so
>> "alphanumeric"? I would change it by a simple tiny yellow star or
>> something like that.
>>
>> I'm not a (web) designer but I'm sure there has to be tones of samples
>> to get something cool to see.
>>

> Sure, that should be easy to do. We could use

> instead of

> Which is pretty ugly with UPPERCASE HTML. HTML is now mostly xhtml (which is
> xml, which is case sensitive), and even html 4 is usually written in
> lowercase, for easy transfer.
>
> This would make the star be in fron of the name though, is that a problem?
> We could also make it with an image, but that would be less nice to do,
> since these blocks are hand-written html. Perhaps we should put a mini OSGeo
> compass in front of the graduated projects, and have it absent on the ones
> in incubation?
>
> --Wolf

Whatever solution (I'm sure you'll do a great work) should maintain a
the line width (those sup asterisks broke vertical adjustment) and the
left alignment.

Left or right... I prefer left if the alignment of the projects names
is maintained, but it's just my opinion!

About the icon, I'm afraid our (old no logo will not scale down so
well without some simplification but, as I said, I'm not a designer
and the only simplification I can discuss is the Douglas-Peuker or the
Visvalingam ones for geographic features :P

Cheers
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía