[Webcom] How can I add Korean language in a translation tab?

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue May 6 14:09:55 EDT 2008

Jason Birch wrote:

> All, I have disabled the flags on the languages for now because there
> isn't a stock one for Korean and it really looked ugly with a broken
> image.  If someone isn't motivated enough to track down a politically
> appropriate flag, I'd suggest that we just leave the flags off.

The Wikipedia List of countries includes flags:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries

Someone could take the North Korea and South Korea flag images:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_North_Korea.svg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_South_Korea.svg
and combine them together to make a 'language flag',
similar to what has been done for English:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:English_language.svg
(and then contribute it back to Wikimedia Commons).

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: