[Webcom] would like to contribute

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Oct 2 12:22:21 EDT 2008

Hello Webcom team,

I would like to start contributing to the OSGeo Community and I thought
Webcom would be a good place to start for me. I have some experience
with HTML/PHP/CSS/SQL and also with Mediawiki. I could do technical
things as well as content things.

Two month ago I worked on an Mediawiki Extension to display the
Locations of Wikiusers on Openlayers Maps within the Wiki. I posted it
on OSGeo-Discuss and there was some feedback but it stuck without a
clear pro or contra on implemeting this on the Wiki. (You can find what
I have done yet here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:UserLocalization)

I would like to put some effort in it and modify/extend/improve it to
meet the communities requirements.
At first I would think just displaying a map of all Members home
locations would be nice. And the stuff with the Editlocations etc. could
be left out because of data privacy reasons and so.

But I would also be happy to help on other issues as well. :)

Thanks and regards,
Christian

--
Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group